The art of sidewalk chalk is often overlooked as a form of artistic expression. It is a common form of creativity for children and adults alike to draw on their driveways and sidewalks.
The art is not limited to traditional drawings and paintings, but includes unique creations such as pastels, illusions, complicated skills, and the 20th century street art tradition. The iWISE Olympiad Organisation is seeking entrants to a Sidewalk Chalk Drawing Art Competition.
The Sidewalk Chalk competition is an opportunity for anyone to show off their skills and decorate downtown with beautiful art along the sidewalks. The category is open to participants aged between 10 to 24 years old.
– Only washable chalk may be used in the artwork. No acrylic paints, liquid pastels, oil-based pastels, hard pastels etc. will be allowed.
– All artwork must be appropriate for public viewing by all ages.
– No lewd imagery, such as, graphic violence, gore, or nudity will be accepted.
– No political messages, slogans, words, or symbols intended as advertising may appear in the image or space provided.
– The iWISE Olympiad Committee, as well as iWISE Olympiad reserves the right to take photos of the artwork for marketing purposes.
– The iWISE Olympiad Committee has right to disqualify any inappropriate artwork.
– The dimension for chalk board is 24” inches wide and 30” inches tall.
– The artwork must be presented/recreated on a chalkboard for the global final.
– Finalist must bring all the necessary materials such as the chalkboard, chalk, eraser etc.
– The artwork must be family-friendly.
- Click on the Registration Tab
- Select one of the Virtual Rounds
- Fill in your details.
- Fill in your selected category details on the corresponding form.
- Select your available time for the Judging process.
- Submit your zoom judging session.
- Proceed to payment.
- Complete your submission.
Judging will be done at discretion of the iWISE Olympiad committee. All artwork will be judged by a panel selected by the iWISE Organisation. Judges will score each criterion on a rank of 0-5, with 0 being the lowest and 5 being the highest rank.
Judgment will be based on: relevance of theme, quality of the content, design of poster, creativity of the poster, overall impact, a verbal message of the poster, dimension of the poster, clarity of message, harmony of colours, presentation of participants etc.