An animated film is defined as a motion picture in which movement and characters’ performances are created using a frame-by-frame technique. This category is reserved for cartoons, 2D animation, 3D animation, clay animation, sand animation, anime, etc. Participants must be between the ages of 10 – 24 years.
The iWISE Olympiad is an international platform for young animators who have the patience, creativity, and skillset for making short animated films. Animators will be given an opportunity to showcase their ability on an international scale. The Olympiad encourages teens to spend time on their computers productively by making an animated short film that expresses their worldview is a great use of their time.
– The short animated film must be a DCP or HD file.
– The short animated film’s duration must not exceed 8 minutes.
– The short animated film dialogue must be in English or with English subtitles.
– The short animated film can be registered as a group not exceeding 3 participants.
– Each participant may register more than one film but only one of them will be selected for the Global round.
– The title of the short animated film must be in English.
– The short animated film must not give a message about politics, religion, etc.
– The short animated film must not have been published on any social media platforms.
– The short animated film must be the Participants own work.
– The short animated film must conform to legal regulations regarding its content, such as the exclusion of the following: racist content, the act of committing crimes, the depiction of pornography and similar content that isn’t “family-friendly” content.
- Films which do not meet all criteria as defined above will be disqualified by the iWISE Olympiad Committee.
- Disqualified short animated film creator(s) will not be refunded from the iWISE Olympiad Committee.
- Click on the Registration Tab
- Select one of the Virtual Rounds
- Fill in your details.
- Fill in your selected category details on the corresponding form.
- Select your available time for the Judging process.
- Submit your zoom judging session.
- Proceed to payment.
- Complete your submission.
Judging will be done at the discretion of the iWISE Olympiad Committee. All submissions will be judged by a panel selected by the iWISE Olympiad Organization. The Judges will score each criterion on a scale of 0-5, with zero being the lowest and 5 being the highest rank.
Short Animated films will be judged on originality, creativity, engagement, editing, audio, music, sound effects, storytelling, characters, entertainment value and cinematography, effectiveness of the message and the ability of the filmmaker to reach an audience.